Question About Learning a Language for Travel

I'm going to be traveling to Vietnam in the Spring and was thinking about learning some basic stuff, such as pronunciations or stuff for basic interactions (nothing past A0-A1), due to a respect/culture thing.

The problem is, I'm extensively learning German at the moment (aiming for C2) and I'm worried that briefly taking on a other language will hamper any progress in my German language skills due to having to split some time for both.

I know there has been alot of debate over learning two languages on this subreddit, but do you think I'll be fine as long as the Vietnamese isn't as extensive? I should have the time to take on both, but I just want make sure that my TL is still the primary focus.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Tigerblood2798
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ISUHFuk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments