Learning one language while not forgetting another

I've been speaking Spanish since I was a kid, not as a native language but consistently enough in school and with my mom to become relatively fluent. It came pretty easily to me and I never struggled to learn it or retain words/grammar rules. Now, I'm in college and have started taking Italian, which I love so far and has been super interesting. The issue is I'm very worried that learning Italian at such a fast rate while not practicing Spanish as much will make me lose all my Spanish speaking ability, which I really don't want to happen. Does anyone have any advice and ideas for how I can retain my Spanish while also continuing to learn Italian without getting the two mixed up. Also a side note that taking Spanish classes along with my Italian classes is not an option for me since it doesn't work with my schedule/track. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Discofunk_mamicakes
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/kejO1Ip
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments