Learning a New Language to Access Resources for Another

I’m currently learning O’odham and digging through every single book, pamphlet, scholarly journal, and research article I can find since learning resources are scarce, especially modern ones. A handful of these, including one VERY large research paper and several linguistics books with references to the language, are in Spanish, which I don’t speak. I took a few years in school, but I guarantee it’s pretty much all emptied out of my brain at this point.

I’m tempted to start learning it from the ground up again just so I can browse through the Spanish works since content period is so hard to come by. I also want to learn O’ob No’ok eventually which has the same problem but to a much higher degree, as basically every single resource is Spanish-exclusive.

Mostly I’m just wondering if any significant amount of other learners have done this before. How did it go? Did you find it fun? Was it rewarding / did it feel “worth it” ?

submitted by /u/LunarDeer542
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/hRO2kCD
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments