I want learn my mother tongue (croatian) but can’t find any interesting resources. Please help me!

I’m half Croatian on my dads side and spent many years on and off, trying to learn. But what frustrates me is the lack of interesting content!! It’s not like French where I can turn on Netflix and find multiple shows or dubbed content.

If anyone has any recommendations for music, shows, online resources or active support groups. I would appreciate it! I love girly things, animated shows and any kind of music. Even just tips how you learned a less popular language would be helpful 😊

I try for weeks each attempt but with life becoming busy and without a dedicated, fun (and easily accessible!) input source like good shows, music, etc. I feel like I’m never passing that first beginner hill. I have a busy life and rely on these extra resources.

I want to get to a good conversational level, I’m not worried about being perfect. Unfortunately due to time difference (I live in NY,US) It’s unrealistic to try call with my family daily, they have their own lives too. Plus, when I next visit I would love to surprise them with whatever I can which will be at least 8-9 months from now. I’m conscious some of my family is getting older and I want to respect their language!

submitted by /u/Bright_Fig_5208
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/I0j8LEz
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments