Research on Best way to learn how to *speak* like a native?

Hello all,

What is the best way to stay speaking like a native in your TL? I’ve been doing years of input already.

Is it best to sort of imitate how a child would develop and just speak off the cuff with a native,

Or

Is it better (according to research) to spend a year or so just shadowing a native speaker’s content and then speak off the cuff?

What does the research say? I’m happy to be pointed to accessible papers etc.

In other words, should I force myself to speak with a native (I’m married to one who wants me to speak her language) or should I take it slowly and shadow and THEN speak? My goal is to get as close to native as I realistically can.

submitted by /u/IndoBuleMan
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/NxiOvFl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments