If you're a linguist, what made you fall in love with linguistics ?

For me it was learning my fourth language. I started to recognize the patterns with the other languages that I already knew and wanted to know more. I find languages fascinating, I'm mostly focused on romance languages and sometimes Germanic ones.

What career can someone make out of this?

Before I wasn't really into languages just English because well it's kinda a lengua franca, you must know it. I just decided to start the fourth language on a random day and now here I am.

Also are linguists polyglot or vice versa ? Is there some kind of correlation? How many languages do you speak and what's the level for each one ?

submitted by /u/Sea-Argument7634
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/8McXTAw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments