Do you target reading or speaking fluency?

For me personally (native language Dutch), it is:

  • English: speaking, writing and reading fluency (I need it daily)
  • French, Spanish, German: reading fluency but intermediate speaking
  • Latin: reading fluency

Why? Well, I don't need French, German and Spanish daily, but I enjoy reading original books (novels and philosophy) and watch original shows. When I travel to any of these countries, intermediate speaking (combined with good comprehension) takes me a long way. And, most of all, the maintenance duty is way lower. I just have to regularly read a book in that language. Currently, I try to rotate reading novels in each of these languages. That way, I can understand more languages.

submitted by /u/_mr__T_
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/fMiTusA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments