Do you ever translate your name?

I’ve been learning Spanish for a bit and sometimes use the Spanish version of my name when speaking the language with people at restaurants and stuff. I gave Portuguese a shot at one point but put it on hold, in that case I also translated my name to the Portuguese version of it. Yesterday I saw another L2 Spanish speaker translate her name from Felicity to Felicidad when talking to a few native speakers. I know it’s a common practice for foreigners learning to speak Mandarin to adopt a Chinese name and native speakers of some Asian languages like Mandarin and Vietnamese to adopt a western name when learning English. Does anyone else do this?

submitted by /u/klingonbussy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VFuZzUv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments