Practice listening comprehension through dictation

I particularly struggle with listening comprehension: listening to words in isolation or very short phrases is fine, but being able to understand longer content like podcasts, youtube is much more complicated. The longer the content, the larger the vocabulary (and therefore the amount of words I do not know) and the faster I need to process the meaning before the author goes on to say the next line.

I have realized that listening to longer sentences (but not extremely long), writing down the content and then checking against a transcript helps me considerably.

Even better if that material can be imported into Anki for spaced repetition.

I have posted online some material (audio + sentences) in case you happen to be stuck as I was: listen to the sentence, write it down and check your answer (right in the browser).

Also, I have put together some resources that you can import into Anki.

If you are interested, visit here.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/pedro-cezar
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/o1knUtc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments