Planning sabbatical to learn 3 languages

I'm planing to learn Latin, Russian and German (knowing already Spanish, French, and English) in a year (this is one of the goals for the sabbatical). The primary aim is to be able to read some of the intermediate classics in these languages, but I'd also like to speak somewhat fluently. I estimate that I'd be able to study at least 7 hours every day for a year (I think I will split the daily study time in 2 blocks of 4 hours, one at night and one in the morning), while I dedicate about 6 hours to other pursuits.

Is this overly ambitious? What comments/ recommendations/ criticisms do you have in regards to this approach? (I'll be particularly attentive to those with experience learning several languages simultaneously in a short amount of time).

Thank you all for your time!

submitted by /u/Perelman_Gromv
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/uaYIhdW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments