Output recommendations, resources, material, activities, etc..

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for ways to practice my output. Since recently I started studying/learning Russian every day and pretty seriously. (I'm investing several hours a day). Since I'm planning to go back to Russia by the end of the year and this time I want to understand a little more as "how are you and from where are you". Since I really liked it 2 months ago, however it would be even more pleasant to understand and talk more.

I've noticed I remember the most from an app called Pimsleur, it's basically a lesson of 30 minutes where you have to repeat the translation multiple times of several words & phrases. Most of them are being used and teached in context which makes it far more easier to understand and most of all remember them. I've noticed that almost all of my Russian that I currently know is from all the hours that I've listened to this app. (It's listening + speaking)

My current schedule is;

  • 1h writing "Cyrillic" in capital with learning Russian with Nastya on YT

  • 1h amazing russian on YT or learningrussian (Grammer and/or exercises)

  • 30min Busuu

  • 1h pimsleur (1 lesson + rehearse the lesson of the day before)

  • 1h LingQ (I've just started with this 2 days ago and I'm still figuring out what's the best way to use it)

And finally I do 30min of random activities from reading in my assimil book to looking at different russian video's. I do 5 hours everyday and I'm still experimenting. I could do more and perhaps more efficient. Quality over quantity ofcourse, however I'm feeling that I don't have the "best" quality at the moment. Half of the time I'm also learning from English to Russian and the other half from Dutch (native) to Russian which sometimes is a little confused and sometimes it's easier to understand a translation in my native language, since it makes more sense instead of the direct translation to English.

In my free time I listen to some Russian music, most of all кино, it's amazing and I really like it. (Sometimes I also recognize some words or short phrases, I'm thinking to translate and learn some songs as well).

Vocabulary is very important, however apps like Ankidroid don't seem to work that well for me. I've also aware that comprehensible input is very important and I'm still experimenting with different ways of learning and adapting.

TLDR;

I'm looking for great and useful material for an A1/beginner. I'm willing to invest and put in the work, it can be paid. (I'm a fan of content like Pimsleur). Vocabulary is my biggest problem, however apps like Ankidroid don't seem to work that well for me..

Any recommendations are welcome!

submitted by /u/LearningLanguages96
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vMSzjb6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments