My Listening Schedule: Room for Improvement?

After realising my listening was poorly developed in my TL, I have come up with this schedule:

  1. Pick a podcast episode in my target language (Polish) catered specifically for learners, but with a good range of topics discussed.

  2. Listen to it a few times, passively and actively depending on if I am doing something else or just walking, lying down, etc.

  3. After a few listens, read the transcript of the podcast (it is available), and fill in any gaps in vocabulary therein.

  4. Use Anki to reinforce this newfound knowledge, now moving on to listening to a new podcast episode until I have familiarised myself with such vocabulary.

  5. Go back to the original podcast episode and listen once while reading the transcript, and subsequently simply listening while focusing especially closely on what is being said.

  6. Repeat the process with the next podcast episode, which I have already listened to a few times and will now transcribe.

  7. Hopefully, every subsequent podcast will have fewer and fewer unfamiliar words, and I will need less and less listening before I feel confident with that episode.

What do you guys think about this plan? Are there any glaring flaws or areas to improve? Is the repetitious element helpful or harmful (do I need greater diversity, etc.)? Any guidance would be greatly useful.

submitted by /u/Exact_Bodybuilder_77
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/1vwL3cl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments