Is it my hearing?

I have been learning a second language for a few months now. (NL is English) my reading and writing are improving a lot, and even my speaking is coming along, but when I listen to someone speak Spanish verbally I feel lost unless it is SLOW, like Duolingo slow. I take lessons on preply and now I have a language exchange partner, but I am constantly asking them to slow down. I have been watching a Spanish TV show, but it’s too fast. I don’t know if it’s my hearing or if it’s just that I’m not advanced enough to understand. In English, I sometimes have to ask people to repeat themselves, but I live in an area where people run their words together so maybe that’s why. I have good hearing like I can hear something happening in the other room, but the sounds may not be clear. I feel lost and I really need to advance my Spanish.

submitted by /u/northern_belle_mi
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zlrBJVP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments