Is Duolingo actually that bad?

I know Duolingo isn’t usually recommended or held in high regard, but I’m wondering if its actually bad for me to use casually as a beginner. Right now I’m trying to learn Japanese. Theres so many different resources out there its actually a little overwhelming for me. Also, right now I’m not fully committed to learning Japanese. I really want to eventually learn it properly, but I’ve got a ton on my plate right now, and don’t have time to fully throw myself into learning it.

I’m looking for a way to learn thats free, something I can do casually, and something that’s easy to do on my phone so I can just practice a bit while walking to class or something like that. Duolingo fits all this, and like I mentioned, I’m just kind of casually learning right now, I’m not putting a ton of effort into learning it quickly or anything for now. Is Duolingo fine to use for now until I get more proficient and/or more serious about learning, or is it so bad to the point I should find a different way now?

submitted by /u/memeyy11
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/sYO9ko5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments