I was able to speak Spanish to my grandmother

I’m half Cuban, but only know English. My dad, and his family all speak spanish but my siblings and I weren’t taught.

I’ve been practicing on Duolingo since April now and it’s really been helping.

My grandmother speaks almost all spanish, and when I called her for her birthday back in April I was able to say “Feliz cumpleaños Abuela” which nearly made her cry.

Last week was my birthday and I spoke to her on the phone and was able to say “Quiero aprender español hablar mucho con mi familia de papá”

I definitely didn’t say what I meant to say correctly but she was so proud of me. When she sent me my birthday card I told her to write in Spanish specifically.

I called her after getting the card and was able to say “Muchas gracias Abuela para mi regalo” when I called her again and she cried. She tells me I have no accent when I speak but I think she might just be saying that to make me feel better.

I’m think about mailing a letter to her completely in Spanish just to see if I can do it, and because I want her to know i’m sticking with my Spanish.

submitted by /u/Ifeelsick6789
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/HxWlcN1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments