I have a weird case of mixing my languages: I mix only two of them and only in one direction.

So, I have a funny problem with language mixing. My native language is Russian, and obviously, I can speak English.

I studied Spanish for a couple of years a long time ago, and I started refreshing my knowledge of it again last year and spent more than a year actively learning it. I can speak Spanish on most topics without significant issues.

I studied German at University ~15 years ago, then for ~1 year by myself, and, after a long break, I returned to it in April.

And the problem now is that when I speak German, I heavily mix it with Spanish, for example - "Ich glaube que"...

I don't mix it with Russian or English - only with Spanish. And when I speak Spanish, I don't mix it with any other languages.

I hope it will pass with time and practice. Does anyone else have a similar situation?

submitted by /u/Artgor
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/FytVTzB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments