How Did You Master Distinguishing Numbers in a New Language?

Hey, language learners! I'm currently studying Cantonese and struggling a bit with distinguishing numbers in various contexts like integers, time, money, and dates. I know practice is key, but I'm curious about your experiences.

How have you improved your ability to say and distinguish numbers in a new language? Any tips or techniques to share?

In my experience with English and Spanish, I recall a childhood game that might have boosted my number recognition skills. We'd start at 0 and take turns counting, but we had to skip numbers that followed specific patterns, like being divisible by 3 and ending with 3. I wouldn't mind doing this, but it's hard to suggest this with other adults.

submitted by /u/Polayi
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/OHFLPsi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments