Hitting the 'exceptions' phase of learning - what helped you power through?

Hi,

Pretty sure this might be something others experienced.

I'm learning Hindi. I went from 0 to opening up a world where I can build sentences in the present, past and future. Suddenly I could do so much!

But now I am evolving into saying more complex sentences, and it's not working as smoothly. I get a lot of feedback "ah yeah I see what you're trying to say, but in this case, we would say X, Y, Z" which breaks the logic I learned before, where things went smooth.

So I am entering a lot of 'exceptions' territory. It gets hard to navigate, or even to know how to get a grasp of all these exceptions.

Have you experienced that and what helped you?

submitted by /u/padsnknobs
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/kyibt1G
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments