Best tools for learning languages? Are they even worth it when you first start out?

I’ve been trying to learn German on and off for a few months now. I’m still new to it. I was mostly using rosetta stone and duolingo, but I feel that I have a lot of trouble keeping consistency in learning. I’ll do several days of lessons, then drop off for days/weeks and focus on something else.

I feel like it might be helpful to have some kind of accountability or social aspect so I’m not alone in learning, but I’m not sure what the best options for that are. There’s no local classes for me outside of the community college(which is super expensive) and I don’t really have any friends who would keep accountability with me. Does anyone have any suggestions for other tools with more social aspects to learn a language? Is something like that even worth it if I’m a beginner and have a very small vocabulary in my target language?

submitted by /u/treescant
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/tT3CwcY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments