What did you listen to once you understood most “general” content?

Hello!

I’m to a point where I understand most general audience content. For example today I had 3 unknown words for a 20 minute travel vlog, no unknown words for a telenovela episode, 2 un known words for a 30 min YouTube video about history of music, 5 unknown words for a 35 minute episode of el Hilo.

Understanding general native content has been the goal for so long I feel like I never thought about what’s next. Lately I’ve been listening to conversational podcasts with 3+ people and also standup specials to get slang, informal speech and humor. All of which I’m absolutely going to keep doing.

When you got to this point what did you do? Did you keep listening to the same content to solidify? My goal is to be “college educated” level in my TL. Should I start watching lectures or something? Even though I can understand all this content a lot of it isn’t yet in my active vocabulary. So should I just keep hitting this same general content until it is or do I go to more specific content to keep improving my comprehension?

Specifically I mean for listening. I read a lot and I understand reading is the best way to increase vocab but I want to know what direction I should go in for listening content. Or I guess is the answer listen to general content that is interesting to solidify while reading harder and harder books?

submitted by /u/horadejangueo
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/BE2GfWv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments