novel recommendations

I’m learning Spanish, and feel like i’m finally cresting an arc with understanding. I want to read about what this experience is like for others. I’m in search of novels that feature the protagonist learning a new language, and that meditate on the process of learning a new language. i love how ben lerner did this in Leaving The Atocha Station, and am looking for something similar. He nails the experience of grasping for meaning in conversation. Berlin by Bea Setton touched on this a little, but i’m looking for something where it’s more central to the plot. I started In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahira but I prefer novels to memoirs. Also it’s really repetitive so I couldn’t finish it. Would love a rec!

submitted by /u/Commercial_Wing_6832
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/itKvR3U
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments