I’ve started working in my target language country and I don’t feel like anything is sinking in yet

I left the UK last month and now I work in a restaurant full-time in Spain now, I have done so for a few days, and I’m at an alright enough level at Spanish to converse with my coworkers (with plenty of errors), I understand about 60% of what they say to me. I still am not really able to take customers orders which is fine because they’re not expecting it of me yet. However I feel like whenever I learn a word, I literally forget it in 10 seconds. I don’t feel like I’ve learned anything new, all I’m able to do is pick out key words in sentences and with context, I’m able to understand what to do. Is this normal??

submitted by /u/cheapsavouries
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/D4ljhvK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments