Advice about language choice

I need a little advice, it would be best from someone who learned one or both of those languages, though I'll appreciate any advice overall.

So, English is not my first language, but I got pretty good at it by now. I have a lot of experience having daily conversations with a native speaker about all sorts of topics, so I figured I could move on to another language and learn the basics there. I chose Italian to be my next language but that will be 3rd language (including my mother language) with the Latin alphabet.

I want to learn a language that uses a different alphabet and I can't decide between Japanese and Arabic. I love the sounds of both of those languages and I enjoy the culture behind both, so that won't help me decide. I'll be learning them mostly from English, not my native language because there are more materials to use that way.

It will be my first language with a different alphabet. Any advice you can give me on how to approach it and which one to choose first? The only thing I can think of is that Arabic has a way shorter alphabet to learn compared to all the Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji you have to learn to properly understand Japanese, so I'd be able to get into the learning of Arabic itself faster, but besides that, I have no idea which one to choose. My mother language won't help me in either case. Any advice?

submitted by /u/CodexOfRunes
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/iXCJd15
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments