What's the biggest misconception about your target language(s)?

For Spanish I think a lot of people say the speed of the language makes it hard, calling it "too fast". Funny enough as you learn more Spanish you'll realize it is SO DAMN SLOW. What I mean by that is in Spanish it takes so many more words/syllables to say simple things. After about a year of learning I realized this and I'd be standing there listening to someone speak to me in Spanish and realize there is so much "filler" between the important information, you definitely need some patience.

For Norwegian I think people worry about dialectal differences. The truth is they're all pretty easily understood. I've talked to people from Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, etc and none of them were incomprehensible. Hell I would say I understand Swedish just as well if not even better than someone speaking with a thick Scottish/Welsh/Irish accent and I am a native English speaker.

How about you? Any big misconceptions about your TL(s) you want to share?

submitted by /u/clvfz
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zWlLnfm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments