Looking for programs that make language learning easier. Like automatically adding subtitles

Hello everyone, Before writing a program like this myself I want to check if something like this is already out there. I strive to make my language learning journey easier. My current TL is russian. I like to have audio cards for ky anki but I dont like making them. Learning english was so easy by just watching movies with english subtitles or playing video games in english. When I make a anki audiocard, I have the videogamefootage or video, play the sequence I didnt understand and record the audio into an mp3, paste the audio in a field for my anki card, then I type the subtitles manually (or copy them if available), paste that into another field in anki and finally I use google translate for another field (thank god thats already automated) Thats too much work! But I dont want to give up yet. I want software to help me out for different kind of problems. Problem: videos or movies that dont have (the correct subtitles) Solution: Software that adds the subtitles automatically but not embedded in the video, in a txt file or something Problem: cutting the video in pieces according to the subtitles Solution: a program where you can jump to the section with subtitles, adjust their timing, add another subtitle with a rough translation on top of TL subtitles, then cut out the sentence.mp3 and make a flashcard out of audio, TL subtitles and if needed translation subtitles.

The program of my imagination: input video in TL with TL subtitles Output a flashcard for every sentence with audio on front and text on back (yes I want that for my favourite movies) Output NL subtitles for just watching the video.

Wouldnt that be neat? If something like this isnt out there, I would try to solve this myself but it will take months and alot of dedication.

Maybe you have some suggestions. Q&A: "Just watch the videos even if there are no subtitles" - A: I get frustrated if I dont understand or cant follow whats being said

submitted by /u/PrinceHeinrich
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vNkg8hA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments