How to learn by watching tv shows and films?

I’m pretty new to language learning and always hear people say they learnt a language by watching tv shows and films. I’m just not sure how to do this as well as how it works, do I watch something in my target language with English subtitles or subtitles in my target language? If I have English subtitles will that help or serve as a distraction from learning the language? If I don’t use English subtitles am I just gonna have to accept that I don’t really know exactly what’s being said for a while? How do I make sure that I get something from it and learn from it and not be as clueless by the end? Should I just watch and listen or write down and translate words I see come up often?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just a bit clueless hahaha

submitted by /u/suicidalturky
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/EwTN7HX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments