Best language for my son (England)

Hey guys,

So my son is starting to come along well with English, he's only 2 and a half and I want to start looking at introducing another language to him.

I personally really regret not learning any other languages a child so I want to do my best to ensure my son at least has the opportunity to pursue languages as he gets older.

So I'm curious as to what the best second language may be for somebody living in England?

I feel like French wouldn't be a terrible option, it's pretty much a given through school you have to learn some anyway, so that would be a great headstart.. that said.. it just seems rather boring to me personally.

A language with a different alphabet could definitely be a lot of fun, Chinese would probably be a great option for this, the problem with this being its rather unlikely we will visit China or encounter too many Chinese speaking people.

Most Eastern European languages have relatively small population of speakers which I think gives them slightly less value.

I do think I am leaning towards Chinese, but as a first language to learn I do worry it may be a bit difficult, especially given his age.

My second question would be the best way to start teaching him? I plan to learn alongside him, it would be great for bonding as well as helpful for the learning process.

So for any language I'd assume a tutor would be best? Are there courses in general you can recommend and for what languages?

Is there anything to keep in mind when teaching a very young child who is still learning languages a second language?

Any responses are much appreciated

submitted by /u/IIZORGII
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/AzEBMKg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments