What is your method for learning languages with foreign scripts?

Hello everyone. I'm seeking tips from people who have experience learning languages that are totally different from english. Including the script, sentence structure, etc. I already have a good system of how I like to learn romance-based languages.

The challenge I find is creating a good system to learn my other languages like Hindi & Arabic. Basically, the way I learn my other languages just doesn't seem to apply because they are so fundamentally different.

*Note, I use Anki at the beginning and have it for all my languages but I am tired of relying on it. I'd love to hear of any other ways you learn without heavily relying on Anki. I already know how to read Hindi and my pronunciation is fine.

For those who have been studying a non-romance language with an entirely different script, do you have any particular things you find that work for you?

More specifically, how you learn vocab in a fun way, go about comprehensible input, and learn your TL in a creative or enjoyable way.

If you have the same sentiments, id also love to start a discussion about how different languages require different approaches.

submitted by /u/magicalmariah
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/DtOBLnx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments