Studying grammar at an advanced level: which one should I choose?

I plan to become a sworn translator in the future. I have looked at a few qualifying exams and they include a language section. I am thinking about how I should prepare this section.

The tests I’ve looked at (they’re all tests) mostly test obscure rules and advanced rules.

I’ve found books geared towards language learners: they describe rules and suggest exercises. They are meant for foreign learners. I’ve found a couple C1/C2 level ones. The main drawback here is that they might not explain many of the obscure rules tested on sworn translation exams.

I’ve also found theoretical grammar books. They explain every single rule of the language. My issues with these books are that they seem to be geared towards linguists and researchers, and that they don’t include any exercises.

Which is the best option? Thank you!

View Poll

submitted by /u/cuevadanos
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Oa28FhB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments