Need some advice on which of these languages I should learn

English is my best language, I'm also conversant in Korean. I'm in my early 40s and always wanted to learn more languages and decided it's never too late. Here's the short list of what I'm considering and why:

(1) Spanish : I took 2 years in HS. Would be easiest to learn and easiest to practice as I live in CA and also have a lot of Spanish-speaking friends.

(2) Japanese : I heard it's a bit easier for Korean-speakers to pick up Japanese, not sure if true or not though. Want to travel there in the future and also have a dream of living there for some extended period of time, although not sure if immigration laws will make it practical or not. Don't know any Japanese speakers, so would be difficult to practice.

(3) Cantonese : My wife has a very low level of fluency, though probably enough to help me at the start. Her family speaks it, some fluently. So would have opportunities to practice. But I hear it's extremely difficult.

Would love input from those that have studied any of these languages.

submitted by /u/Happy_Lawfulness7758
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/qvND2xs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments