If you're talking to someone in their native language in a poor way, would you rather have them correct your mistakes or ignore and proceed with the conversation?

English is my second language and for Brazilian standards apparently I speak it very well (employers say so, I still think I could polish it a bit more).

Due to that whenever I talk to another person who also has English as their second language, and is having difficulty with grammar and sometimes vocabulary, I never really know which of the two scenarios are better for the speaker.

Do I let them keep talking without breaking the momentum so they can practice speaking the language without any embarrassment, or do I pinpoint their mistakes so they can learn how to speak more fluently,with the risk of hurting their feelings and maybe even discouraging their learning?

What would you rather experience in this scenario?

submitted by /u/AV1-CardiacRemoval
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/a1NKoC8
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments