I am a Dutch person learning Spanish and lately whenever I hear people speaking in Spanish initially my brain thinks I am hearing Dutch. Is anyone else experiencing this?

it is like my brain is mixing up the neural pathways for Spanish and Dutch. It mostly happens when I hear people in the distance, and I am not paying attention, for example people at the street from my balcony. I consciously have to pay attention and tell myself they are not speaking Dutch and only then I hear it is Spanish.

I have never learned a language in my adult life before, I learned Dutch and English as a child.
Is this a common thing for people learning a new language?

submitted by /u/Low-Introduction9343
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/QVZFh7O
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments