Edtech project (If not allowed, forgive me)

If not allowed to post here, forgive me. I am currently taking a survey for an EdTech project on language for my design bootcamp.
The prompt of this project is "My grandmother only speaks Swahili, and I want to be able to communicate with her.” From this I got a problem statement " Individuals who struggle with understanding and/or speaking their native language, find it difficult to connect with their family and culture "
It's not set in stone but my mentor approved so I'm going with it.

Goals:

  • Discover pain points through research to provide intuitive solutions
  • Explore ways to help users interact with the culture related to language being learned
  • Explore ways to provide users a healthy environment to grow and not feel ashamed or frustrated on their learning journey.
  • Discover efficient methods to retain and solidify fluency in language being learned

Target audience:

  • Former fluent speakers who fell off due to whatever reason. (Moved to a new country, stopped practicing, etc.)
  • Individuals who may have never been taught due to unforeseen reasons (Parents could understand but not speak, Parents lacked any kind of fluency, individual was adopted by a family who couldn’t teach them, individual didn’t grow up surrounded by the culture or did for a short time)
  • Individuals who can understand but not speak their native language.

Would love to hear from anyone that can identify with this and give me some of your insights.
I DON'T need an email from you. Answers are anonymous. Survey limit is 10 participants, don't know if I'll get that but in case the link doesn't work anymore. Using typeform for this survey.
https://zj1cwfv6lrx.typeform.com/to/NtZsnqoz

submitted by /u/Fgme1787
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/H1pgZBc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments