Does anybody have any tips on how to learn and immerse oneself in a less common language ?

My grandmother on my mothers side is volga tatar, my grandfather crimean tatar, my paternal side is kurdish. It saddens me deeply that I dont know a single language out of all of them. Kurdish, specifically the kurmanci dialect, is not THAT uncommon and theres lots of kurds in germany so I could prbly find kurdish rescources with not much trouble. But crimean tatar and volga tatar is a different story, I planned on maybe getting books in both languages and trying to learn everything only by reading and maybe watching people on youtube, but having no instances to practice the languages and use them irl at all could go very wrong, im just hoping that I can derive most of the vocabulary from turkish.

So if anyone has any rescources for these languages in particular or maybe other methods on how to learn a less common language or just tips in general, id be really really grateful <3

submitted by /u/AbigailLemonparty17
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/27F6dAc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments