The Video Game Immersion Method

So I'm a gamer. Have been for pretty much my entire life. And so I've always seen gamers from non-English speaking countries always talk about how they learned English through gaming.

The thing is though, most of those games often only came in the English language so, they couldn't just turn off the target language and switch it back to their native language and avoid all of the discomfort and struggles associated with learning.

I live in Canada. And so I can... but I don't like that. I don't want that. I need to go through the struggle and effort.

I'm ADHD and Autistic and so if I try learning Italian or Japanese or German or whatever through games... Eventually I'll get frustrated and I'll have the "luxury" of turning off my target language and going back to English.

But I don't want to do that... so maybe some of you have some tips and tricks? Even if you've never done this method but your hack still might be useful?

And are any of you Neurodivergent and/or gamers? And you've got some tricks or hacks that might help me reach my goal?

Any ways to combat the urge to switch the game back to English?

And have any of you ever done this? Whether it was English or any other language?

How did it go for you? What did you find easy? What did you find hard about it? Would you do it this way again? Why or why not?

And what games are good for this?

I know Skyrim, Oblivion, RDR1, RDR2, GTA Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and V are all fully voiced in English... what about in other languages?

submitted by /u/DannicaK
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/feMKwrs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments