Question about listening practice

What is the goal of listening practice?

For context: I've been self-studying Spanish for several months now using Complete Spanish Step-by-Step as my coursebook. I've finally gotten to a point of having enough foundational vocab and grammar knowledge to be able to express basic ideas and understand simple stories. I recently enrolled in a conversation course that begins in a couple weeks so that I could start to practice speaking to someone that's not myself, and have also started listening to a beginner stories in spanish podcast to try to get some listening practice in.

When listening to the stories, I follow along really well. I know most of the words and expressions being used, and for the ones I don't know, I can usually make out their meaning through context clues.

But is that all I'm supposed to be doing ? Or should I be making a note of the unfamiliar and looking up the official definitions for formal study later? Or is just listening and following along enough? I'm still studying the coursebook and don't want to try to absorb too much at once, when the pace with which the book introduces new vocab and concepts is already at a digestible rate.

submitted by /u/mcphrsn1
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/dAzgsJU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments