Last summer I tried an intensive language program but left after the first week. I cringe about it.

I still think about last summer when I tried an intensive Russian 8 week program. The week before the program started my sister gave me covid. I was still recovering from the illness when starting the program. After the first week I left because I felt alone in the class and felt like I was not improving. I felt slow compared to my peers. I didn’t make an effort to initiate a study group because I felt so shy and anxious.

Luckily I am taking medication for my anxiety now and feel like I could do an intensive language program but i’m scared to try again. Is an intensive course just not for me? Should I start with something less difficult?

submitted by /u/artenthusiast24
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Rk5EYNZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments