I can understand video games and films without subtitles, does that indicate I might already be A2 or B1?

Since about half a year ago, I have been watching English-language films and TV series without subtitles on. I find that I can understand pretty much everything, although I may sometimes miss out on some slang, an obscure term regarding legal/medical matters and the like, or I may encounter issues if a character is speaking in a heavy accent or making an obscure reference/joke. Overall, though, I don't think I am having all too many problems with comprehending what's going on.

I have seen the Crown, I am currently watching Seinfeld, the Office and Better Call Saul, and I can understand pretty much everything with no subtitles.

Same with video games. I have just began playing L.A. Noire, and I am having no issues with comprehending what's going on.

I wonder, could that mean I may indeed already be an A2-B1 speaker of English? What do you think? Is that enough of a reason to feel proud? I it justified to regard it as an accomplishment of sorts?

Hope y'all are doing okay, wish you all the best!

submitted by /u/IndianaJonesbestfilm
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zljI4Z9
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments