How long to learn languages to have conversations?

Hi, ive started learning chinese last year and i have much fun with learning this language, but i ask myself if its really the hardest/longest language to learn, because maybe i want learn japanese or korean to, and some day some european languages.

  1. I need to learn on chinese, the verbal language, the characters, and the pinyin, and its not that easy sure but korean japanese thai has to his own character language and i asked myself isnt it the same difficulty ?

  2. And my second question, if you learned a language how long did you need for it to understand maybe 80% of something what an other person say, or to have normal conversations?

I learned english in 1 year to have a normal conversation and can just listen music or watch movies with no problems. But now chinese is much harder.^^

submitted by /u/Flower483
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vZzaPOC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments