How far into learning Chinese can I start learning Japanese?

I've been learning Chinese casually for about six months and I'm at roughly a lower A2 level. I know that I want to learn Japanese at some point, but I was a bit concerned about cross-contamination, especially considering the similarities between hanzi and kanji. I've heard from some people that that can cause problems when learning both, but others have said that it can be helpful, so I'm not really sure what to think. I'm also kind of starting to lose interest in Chinese, and I thought it might be good to focus more on something else for a bit. Does anyone have any experience/advice on this?

submitted by /u/LemonLemons1234
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/4UtTNFA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments