Help to learn Brazilian indigenous language

Hello everyone

I have really been interested in learning a south american indigenous language in the past couple of days. To my surprise I could not find any resources whatsoever to these languages of my interest, such as the Arawakan languages.

According to Michael Heckenberger, an anthropologist on this field, to be part of the Arawakan language family group, a group of individuals just has to master this specific type of "pottery", which is really convenient since it's my speciality field, I'm quite talented at assemblings pots.

My main question with this post is wether or not I could learn some basic communication just by learning their own ways of pottery, and assembling some pots with them in my future trip to the Amazons this summer? If this isn't possible can someone give me further information about the arawakan language, is it some sort of portuguese creole?

Thanks a lot!

submitted by /u/duoisacultleader
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/i6xtTwL
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments