Getting rid of accents?

When I am talking with other people, I pronounce and sound like a native speaker. Also, when I hear myself talking I usually sound quite cheerful but later when I record my speaking and listen to it I have a every apparent accent and voice is dull and barely sensible.

There is a very big discrepancy between the way I sound when I hear myself as I am talking and how other people hear me. I tried fixing it by recording myself and correcting my sounds but every time it come off as me muttering and my words become jumbled together and impossible to discern.

I also attempted to normalize my accent or at least make it less obvious but its still the same. For example, when I speak I don't drag on the "t" sound and I usually pronounce it as a "d" sound but in the recording I discovered that somehow that sound is very stressed like "ttttttttttt" so for the word "butter" instead of "budder" it registers as "buttttttttter".

Is this normal? And is there an efficient way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Waveparticle44
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/9n0FBt2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments