Does anyone else associate learning the basics of a language with a specific place?

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but whenever I start learning a new language, I always associate it with a place and whenever I hear, read or say a word in that language I can't help but visualise that place.

For example, I started learning the basics of Norwegian as I speak Irish Gaelic and English and I wanted to see some of the cross over between them.

I only started looking at it over the past two days but I get incredibly detailed images of the outside of my local swimming pool for some reason. For basic words like man, woman, boy etc I'm looking out at the carpark and then for sea, Norway and shop I'm looking down the street.

Is there anyone who has the same thing? It seems really unique and weird but also very strong and clear, like something anyone would get. I hope someone can relate to this

submitted by /u/bhte
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/KXsUPf6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments