Do you/Should you dip your toes in other dialects while learning?

I have been learning Spanish for about 150 hours. Most of that time, probably like 120 hours has been spent with an Argentine dialect called Rioplatense. The differences aren't huge and I can understand other dialects pretty well, but it can be weird hearing j/y instead of sh/zh or certain phrases, using tu over vos, etc. Small things that add up. I don't want to get into the habit of talking like a different dialect, so I try my best to stick to Argentine creators on youtube, dreaming spanish, netflix, etc.

Would spending a significant amount of time in another dialect mess up my speech? I talk with some people from Argentina and so far they have been impressed, saying I have a pretty clear accent but bad grammar.

submitted by /u/Turbulent-Sock6299
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/uBDKSMh
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments