Why do Spanish speakers tell me overly flattering things such as “your Spanish is so good” even though I’m an A1 level? I don’t want it to get to my head and make me think I don’t have a lot left to learn

I tested my language level and I’m still at A1 (the very first level of a beginner) in Spanish. But yet all my Spanish coworkers tell me how good my Spanish is and how impressed they are. I don’t like when they say that because it can get to my head and make me feel cocky and stunt my language growth, when I still have so much farther to go. I only know so so little. Are they perhaps just easily impressed because most Americans don’t care to speak to people who speak Spanish, in Spanish? Or just trying to be supportive maybe? How can I not let these comments get to my head and make me think I’m a “language master” at a CEFR level A1?

submitted by /u/HomocidalTaco
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/hJVipMe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments