Speaking ability fluctuations

I’m learning Korean and I found that my speaking ability fluctuates a lot. I’m only at a high beginner level. Yesterday I could speak very well with a community tutor and then today I took a lesson with my professional teacher and I couldn’t get a proper sentence out. I had massive brain fog during the lesson as well..

Does anyone experience this? My teacher says it because I haven’t had much free convo practice and that this will get better with practice.

Thinking about it, with community tutors, they have prompts to get you to speak.. but with my prof teacher, she likes to talk and anything and she doesn’t really ask me any questions and expects me to have something to say back or like add.. but as a beginner, I’m not sure what to say at times.. for example, she was talking about how she’s seeing more foreigners around where she lives.. and I feel like i was able to only do small talk with that, like ‘why you do think there’s more of them’ etc and I can’t really add more to that because I’m not in Korea.

I find it much harder to talk to her than to a community tutor who is constantly asking me questions..

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/peachy_skies123
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/6JsmAwj
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments