Russian learning Turkish

Hello everyone!

I want to write this post, first of all, for myself, to motivate myself and to come back here a couple of months later to compare the progress.

I'm a Russian native speaker with advanced English and Romanian, currently learning Turkish. Turkish is obviously completely different language comparing to all those mentioned above. I mean, literally everything is different. The hardest thing for me now is the word order.

I've started learning in on 29th January completely from scratch, so it's been almost 3 months now. I also record time of studying, and by now it has been approximately 250 hours. It includes grammar drills and intensive reading.

At the moment, while speaking with natives, I understand somewhere around 35-40%. Not a lot, but most of the time I can get a general idea and maintain an A2 conversation (of course, making mistakes, but still).

Sometimes I feel a bit discouraged by the way Turkish sentences are built, but I really love this language and will keep working to improve it!

Are there also Turkish learners out there?

submitted by /u/valeriethesinger
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/xF3pa6D
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments