How would you test your vocabulary (English)?

Hello. I am not a native English speaker, but I've learned the language for a while. It was mostly chaotic, I don't even have any notes of learning English itself, so there is no any system in my language learning. I have plans to start learning a few new languages (French and German), specifically start with just words/vocabulary using spaced-repetition and Anki, but before that I'd like to check out my English vocabulary level. Basically, I want to make a list of all English words and phrases that I already know to exclude them from the Anki.

How would you check which words/phrases you already know in some language? If you just start to write list of words that you know it can take a while, besides you cannot recall every word and phrase you know even if you can translate them once you saw one.

So, my plan is to take some existing list of common words and phrases (like some 5000 common words or similar) and just check every word/phrase there, but maybe you have some better idea which I'd love to know.

submitted by /u/maxoidIO
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/lWj1cqs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments