How would you test your vocabulary (English)?

Hello. I am not a native English speaker, but I've learned the language for a while. It was mostly chaotic, I don't even have any notes of learning English itself, so there is no any system in my language learning. I have plans to start learning a few new languages (French and German), specifically start with just words/vocabulary using spaced-repetition and Anki, but before that I'd like to check out my English vocabulary level. Basically, I want to make a list of all English words and phrases that I already know to exclude them from the Anki.

How would you check which words/phrases you already know in some language? If you just start to write list of words that you know it can take a while, besides you cannot recall every word and phrase you know even if you can translate them once you saw one.

​

So, my plan is to take some existing list of common words and phrases (like some 5000 common words or similar) and just check every word/phrase there, but maybe you have some better idea which I'd love to know.

submitted by /u/maxoidIO
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/lWj1cqs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments