How can native speaker help with learning?

We recently hired a new nanny to watch our baby. She's a native Spanish speaker from Mexico. She speaks English too but her primary language is Spanish (for example, she speaks to our baby in Spanish).

I'll be working from home and she'll be here 35-40 hours per week. She's obviously here to watch the baby and not be my teacher, but what are the best ways to learn from her? Should we just attempt to have convos in Spanish even though I'm a super beginner? Should she only speak to me in Spanish even though I won't understand it all? Should I point out objects and ask her to translate so I learn?

Just trying to figure out how to make the most out of this situation?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/valoremz
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/i02RQ7U
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments