HELP: Death by Alphabets

I've self studied Spanish, German, and now Latin. I was elated and had a lot of fun with them even though I didn't do anything special like Loci or watching soap opreas, etc.

However, my endeavors with Burmese, Hebrew, and Gregg Shorthand have all stalled in failure. The common factor that stumped me is the alphabet. When I am reading anything from Gregg's Manual to the script from Aleph with Beth, I read painfully slow and take up to 15 seconds to pronounce each syllable. I am having an impossible time adapting to a non Latin alphabet.

Any advice would be lovely, whether I need to just suck it up or drill the alphabet with a few common words first.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Certain-Fisherman916
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2mKr0Yw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments